Friday 14 May 2010

Sometimes I feel like

Im in over my head.

Perhaps its just time

to tuck into bed,

Longing for a kiss

on the cheek, goodnight.

Thinking perhaps I have

reached my peak, tonight.

There was only ever

so much i could do.

Forever biting off way

more than i could chew.

A penny for my thoughts

sadly wont suffice.

A lack of sleep

becoming, my only Sacrafice.

I put myself in

way over my head.

For a greater cause

to those rarely fed.

Looked down upon

Are those easily forgotten

Left under the bridge

the souls left to go rotten.

Roaring empty tummys

The sound of a statistic.

How can leaving them in pain

not seem so sadistic?

Sleep Shall not come

My demons won’t allow it.

My heart running slow

no love left to power it.

Now stuck on the other

side of the water.

I rarely have the

strength to exit my quarter.

Fearful of the dread

that the night may bring.

Grateful are the dead

who will suffer no king.

No comments:

Post a Comment